Self Sabotage and How to Overcome It (By Gemma Garbett)


Self sabotage is one of the biggest ways that we don't achieve everything that we want from life. Have you ever been at a point in your life where everything is going great and then all of a sudden BANG! you have all of these fearful thoughts about not being good enough, not pretty enough, not smart enough, etc.

This is the Ego's way of protecting you. The Ego has a pretty amazing role. It's the Ego's job to keep you safe, especially if you are in a life or death situation. However, it also tries to keep you safe from everything. Now I know that a lot of people view the Ego as bad, but I don't. It just has a job to do and gets overactive and takes on all of those fearful comments that we have hidden in the back of our psyche.

Take today for instance, I got up and meditated as usual, I got the kids ready for school. But I couldn't shift this blah feeling. I walked around feeling pretty heavy. A client cancelled, so that added to how I was feeling. But then I had a thought that stopped me in my tracks. What am I doing?! This isn't me!

I've been making some pretty big changes to do with my work lately and allowing myself to become vulnerable and I know that this feeling was my way of sabotaging what I was doing. All morning I've had the thoughts in my head of 'who are you to be doing this work?' 'Who are you to be a medium?' 'Go and get yourself another job.'

So here I was sitting here and I thought 'Right, I have all of these tools, how am I going to use them?'

So the first thing I did, was take out my journal and write out everything that I am grateful for in my life. I then looked at each item one by one and sent love to them. I send love by visualising each item on the list in a big pink bubble, but you should do what works for you.

Secondly, I looked at my why. Why am I making these changes? Is it for me? Is it for others? Is it to help people. I just let the words flow and didn't censor any of them.

Thirdly, I sat in meditation and visualised how I would feel when all of the things that I am hoping for come to pass. I created the feelings that I wanted to feel, the sounds I wanted to hear and I let my intuition guide me. If you are not someone that has meditated before, you can start by concentrating on your breath. Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth. At this time the Universe (or God, divine spirit, etc) will give you a few more signs or steps and you will go back to that place of certainty.

These steps can help you make subtle changes and keep self sabotage at bay. When you practice them daily you will see big changes in your perceptions and in your daily life.


http://ezinearticles.com/?Self-Sabotage-and-How-to-Overcome-It&id=9564181

No comments:

Post a Comment